Thursday 7 April 2011

1920s/1930s Make Up: Bette Davis Inspired

"Fasten your seat belts...."

I finally resorted to it. I have been wanting to do a tutorial on the Fifth Warner Brother for a very long time... I guess the only thing putting me off is the fear that I won't do her much justice. But since this week marked the 103rd birthday of Ms Bette Davis I felt compelled to do this.

This particular look is based on the 1934 film "Of Human Bondage" where Bette plays a waitress turned prostitute - so, granted, not the most flattering make up in the world... well, maybe a little more flattering than her Baby Jane look.

INSPIRATION PIC



PRODUCTS USED

Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Buff)
Spooly and soap (To cover brows)
MAC Paintpots - Quite Natural and Blackground
MAC es - Scene
Bobbi Brown es - Birch
MAC es - Typographic
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner - Black Ink
MAC Eye kohl - Fascinating
Clinique High Impact Mascara
Eylure Naturalites Lashes
Barry M Lip Pencil 11
MAC Lipstick - Kittenish and Ruby Woo



No comments:

Post a Comment